// Work Page 1 // Swing Backup 1 // Waltz Backup 1 // Sched. Archive 1 //
Old 2006 home page
Line Dancing info is at TobiaEaks.blogspot.com .
The Nearby Dance Instructors page lists some professional instructors, who teach closest to Meridian Manor.
Copied to swing page, 3/21; do not edit.
** Single Step Swing ** [Organizer's comments here]
List of Patterns:
- 1a. Basic step - Closed Position
- 1a. Basic step - Open Position, 2 hand connection
- 1a. Basic step - Open Position, 1 hand connection
- 2. Woman's Outside Turn
- 3. Woman's Inside Turn
- 4. Man's Left Underarm Turn
Following below are some patterns, and related videos.
1. Basic Step
- Swing Dancing : East Coast Swing Steps for Beginning Ballroom Dancing (2:05)
- The narrator Trudie Olsen does a good job of explaining the count for both Single Step Swing and Triple Step East Coast Swing
- Beginner Jive - Explanation of single rhythm Jive Ballroom Dance Lesson (1:32)
- By Andy Wong. He doesn't show any dance steps, just explains the rhythm for Single Step Swing. (Jive is apparently the European version of the East Coast Swing.)
- How to Dance The East Coast Single Time Basic (3:08)
- By John Cassese
Swing dancing basics, Part 1: Basic step, in closed (2:59)
Charm City Swing (note presenter says "step-hold" to refer to using 2 beats of music for 1 step)
Still More Basic Step Videos:
- Beginner Swing Dance Moves
- By Paul Hoke, eHow Presenter. Basic, and inside and outside turn.
- Single Step Jitterbug
- By Mike and Tina of Head Over Heels - demonstrates a basic routine
- East Coast Swing 01: 6-count Single Step Basic, Sendout, Outside Turn, Inside Turn
- University Texas Austin - demonstrates a basic routine
- Single Step Swing
- Anna Botelho - demonstrates a basic routine
- jitterbug class 1-1
- - demonstrates a basic routine
- How to Do Single Time Swing (2:08)
- By Howcast (Robert Royston). Another good explanation of the timing. Note part of the time he starts on right foot (showing the woman's footwork).
2. Woman's Outside Turn
- Swing dancing basics, Part 4: (woman's outside) Tuck turn (3:00)
- By Charm City Swing. This is pretty close to the way we were shown it. Note the woman turns "outside" (away) from the partners, hence the name "outside".
- Rita & Jim's 'Quick & Dirty' Review (in Picasa directory; click NEXT thumbnail to view video)
3. Woman's Inside Turn
- Part 5: (woman's inside) Underarm turn (2:59)
- By Charm City Swing. Note the leading hand goes "inside" between the partners; hence the name "inside" turn.
4. Counting Chart for Single (& Triple) Step Swing
You can download the PDF version of this chart from this directory: track2.com/mmDance